Sunday, December 29, 2013

KYOTO BOUND


Christmas gifts from ward members
delicious dragonfruit!
 


"that stuff in the bowl. it is rice. with chicken. and fish. and a raw egg on top.  and it is delicious.  i promise!"

District on church roof
Dearest Family,
Merrry Christmas! I could not have come up with a better way to celebrate Christmas than by doing missionary work! It was a pleasure to spend my day serving the Lord! And it was SO GREAT talking to you!!!! I am glad you are all doing well!
What a week! Every one of our investigators was busy this week, which made meeting with them difficult. We had six lessons cancel on us! It was rough! But despite those cancellations, we still had more douseki lessons than we have ever had in a week. We were able to teach two people from the area book and they both became new investigators!
     Also, our lesson with Sota kun went really well this week. He is our 11 year old investigator...he reminds me a lot of Danny. When we picked him up for his lesson he was having a Super Smash Brothers party with his friends, but when we came he told them to go home because he was going to the church with us. Amazing! In October, he was completely ready for baptism, but he could not get permission. His mom wants him to wait a few years before he can be baptized, so lately we have just been teaching him to help his faith continue to grow. However, last time as we were planning for him, baptism seemed to keep coming into our minds, and as we changed things around, we ended up just doing a simple baptism lesson. We were able to read out of the childrens new testament book and do a game to help him understand the Holy Ghost. After the lesson, he told us it was really easy to understand and (without us even asking) that he is going to talk to his mom again about baptism and ask if he can be baptized sooner. To me it is amazing that an 11 year old can have so much faith!!
     We were not able to meet with Mai chan this week as many times as we had planned, so we ended up having to teach all of the commandments in one lesson! We were concerned because we want to make sure the lesson was a spiritual lesson, but with putting all of the commandments into one lesson, we thought that would be difficult! However we planned and mogied and replanned and remogied her lesson, and the lesson ended up going really really well! We had a douseki there who was able to explain the commandments well, and she was baptized when she was 18, so she had some good experiences to share that Mai chan really related with. The commandments are actually going to be difficult for her to keep, but she wants eternal life and she wants to be baptized and she believes God will bless her, and so she is willing to keep them all! It was a wonderful lesson!
     Lately, I have learned more what it means to LOVE your investigators. Of course I desire for them to be baptized, and I have always loved meeting with investigators, but lately, I have really felt LOVE for my investigators. When I saw Mai chan smiling and happy inside her home, it filled me with so much joy! And when Yamauchi kyoudai got mad at us and told us he would never be baptized, I was sincerely sad for him and for his life. I honestly do not know how to develop this kind of love for investigators, but I am grateful that the Lord has blessed me to be able to feel this love. When I truly love the investigators and the people here, missionary work becomes even more wonderful!!! I LOVE missionary work! I LOVE being a missionary! And I LOVE my Savior. What a privilege it is to be serving Him!
     Have a happy new year!! Enjoy all the celebrations this week!
Love,
Crofts shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment