Friday, September 19, 2014

Priesthood--神権







Shout out: my dearest sister and best friend!!! I love you more than I love Japan! That is a LOT!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! 


Allllooooha!!! Family!!
Weather: next week should be getting down into the 70s. feels good!
Rice Fields: so heavy the rice plants are all falling over. some are even starting to be harvested! oh how time flies!
Mosquito Influenza: it has passed for the most part. it left my body a little weak. we went to the chiropractor (Deklerk shimai had a leg problem and the chiropractor is a sister in our ward). After she fixed Deklerk shimai all up she offered to do me too! After going crazy with my neck and back for about 15 minutes she was finished and she said my muscles feel like grandma muscles. Tired and worn out. Haha that was embarrassing, especially because she said Sister Deklerks are perfect, and she has been a missionary longer than me! Anyway, I had the wonderful opportunity to receive a Priesthood blessing last week. It was so simple, and I know it came from God. I was able to receive strength quickly, and my hope and faith were strengthened as well. I am grateful for the Priesthood!
Missionary work: BETTER THAN EVER!!!! This week was quite a stretch with some illness and many cancelled lessons and other things getting in the way, but the Lord, in His great loving mercy, still blessed us more than we could imagine, and things in Yonago are moving along so well!!
      It is impossible to choose favorites, but one investigator I was so happy to meet with last week wasOchiai. She is a friend of some of the members, the mother of two, a bible reader, and she likes meeting with the missionaries! Perfect! This week we met with one of her friends at the church and taught the Plan of Salvation. It was amazing because we shared scriptures and asked questions, and the member basically took care of the rest by sharing her own personal experiences and testimony that connected so well with Ochiai. 
     Since being in Yonago I have learned how powerful missionary work is when the members are involved. I will tell you, it is powerful. And also, it is so enjoyable. With changes that President Welch brought into the mission when he came, we have been focusing more and more on being balanced in our work with investigators, new investigators, less active members, and members. The more we balance the work, the more joy I feel. We spent one afternoon biking around with a 70 year old member visiting less active members. That was a joyful experience!
     Another visit that I thoroughly enjoyed last week was with Eiko. She is a less active member who we have been meeting almost every week since I got here. She has opened up and changed so much since I have gotten here, and I have grown to love her so much! We talk about Joseph a lot. In Japan, they call down syndrome people *Angel* (in English). She has especially taken interest in Joseph. She begged for a picture of him, and before I knew it, it was framed and hanging up on her wall! She said she loves to walk by it because it lights up the whole room when she looks at it. More than anything, Eiko wants to feel loved. She says that in almost every lesson, and I love being able to testify with all of my heart that God loves her more than she can imagine. 
     Sunday was definitely one highlight of the week. The two oldest daughters of the Takekawa family, Nanami and MIsora, came to church!!! A family with daughters the same age picked them up and brought them to church. They seemed to enjoy it so much, and after church, we had a young woman activity (at a members ramen shop...we made sushi!!) and the girls took Nana and Mi right in. It was so wonderful to see! I have high hopes for that family!! 
     Well, family, those are just a few highlights of last week. I wish I could tell you all the ways the Lord is blessing us, but there is just not enough room or time to list it all! I am so humbled to be a part of this work. I have high hopes for the future here in Japan... I know the Lord is with us. I know this is His work and it is hastening!! 
     I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! 
Love, Kris
Family Countdown:
Dad: you are working so hard. in Japanese, you would be call an otsukaresama. I bet the yard will look wonderful!
Mom: Do you know how wonderful you are? I love you. So much!!
Jason: Good luck by yourself. Do not inhale that frog egg salad too fast. I think the missionary experiences you are having in Georgia are so great! I bet you are loving it huh?? You and Becca are the most fabulous examples.
Becca: have fun in Florida! Sounds like a great get away!
Cameron: do you like the ocean? you could send me a message in a bottle. I will pick it up tomorrow when I run at the ocean. I bet you like having some teeth now, huh? 
Peach and Jana: How is school and work going? You two sound like busy little bees. Keep it up! I love you so much!!
Ty: Thanks for always sending great emails. That was nice of you for sharing  your food with your roommate. Labeling is a good idea though. 
Sarah: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I remember last year telling you you are so old. Well, you are older now! I hope it is a really happy day! Do you have a cross country meet that day? If so, good luck!
Dan: Wow. You are AMAZING. I saw your piano concerto. WOW!!!!!! AMAZING! Ha. Good work! Except please stop getting so tall...
Joe: I saw your costume. It looks fun! How is your tricycle?
Peter and Grandpa: Thank you for sending me letters. I am always so happy to see a letter waiting for me! 
Grandpa Vance and Grandma and Grandpa Crofts: It is happy grandparents day today. So happy grandparents day! Thank you for your love and support! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment