Monday, March 17, 2014

And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together

One of Japan's most popular buildings:  The Golden Pavilion
Dear Family,
Top of the morning to ya!! Good thing you are halfway across the world, because you would have to pinch me today! I completely forgot about St Patricks day until we were grocery shopping and I am not wearing any green! 
Weather: it is warm!!!! last Monday was a blizzard, but this Monday I am going out without tights and a coat! Yay! Yesterday we were able to do park dendo. We just went from one park to the next talking to moms and playing with their kids. It was a GOOD day! And there were groups of teenagers out and about so we were able to make a lot of Eikaiwa invites and find more people who want to come this week!
 Yamaguchi shimais lessons continue to be highlights for me. This week in our lesson I learned about the power of the Spirit. Lessons with Yamaguchi shimai are always a very nice spiritual oasis. (We keep having people recommend that we go to the bath houses because they say they are very relaxing and nice and warm. Seriously everybody tells us we should go. Well, I imagine they are nothing compared to the relaxation and warmth and AMAZING feeling that we bask in every time during Yamaguchi shimais lessons.) This week, we taught about baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost and talked about the blessings that go along with those. At the end of the lesson, we asked her what she had been thinking about the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and she said * I feel so grateful for God and Jesus Christ. I think Jesus Christ is a wonderful person!* Well, we were talking about the Holy Ghost, not Jesus Christ. We made one connection to Jesus Christ during the lesson, but to be honest, it was pretty insignificant to connections we usually make. But the Spirit was able to teach her what she needed to learn that day, and apparently it was about Jesus Christ. I have noticed that as my testimony of Christ has grown, my investigators testimonies have grown as well, even when I am not talking directly about Jesus Christ. 
I have also had many more opportunities to testify about Christ. There is a program here called the Family English Program where for 6 weeks, we teach a family english for 30 minutes and then teach the gospel in Japanese for 30 minutes. We found a family who is interested! It is a mom with 2 little boys (4 and 2). They are the CUTEST boys in the world. The 4 year old is a short fat little dude and he was wearing his school uniform (little shorts, collar shirt with a badge, and a hat) and it was just so CUTE. Last week, we began the program. When we began the gospel discussion, the mom asked right away what we believe about Jesus Christ. I was only able to get out one sentence and she was struck by it! I said *Jesus Christ is the Son of God.* She had never heard of that before, and she kept saying it over and over and over. I was able to then testify about Jesus Christ and we had a very good discussion!
We also had a sweet experience with Misato shimai on Monday. Sunday night as we were planning for Monday and talking about how we could make it a good day, we decided that really all we wanted was for Misato shimai to feel something in her heart. She has willingly done what we have asked all along, but we know that it is still difficult for her to feel things. So we focused and prayed for the Spirit to touch her heart in that lesson. We taught about the Restoration, and at the end of the lesson when we asked what she was thinking, she said *i am sorry! I am ----* (we did not understand the word.) So we asked for clarification and she had us look it up in the dictionary. Well...the word meant impressed, or feeling emotion. God answered our prayers! It was such a sweet experience! She passed her baptismal interview yesterday and she is looking forward to her baptism next Sunday! Oh. And Yamaguchi shimai is coming to church next Sunday!!!!! I do not know if I have ever been more excited for anything. 
I am off to go see a Golden Temple. It will be a good start to an amazing week. I hope you all have a fabulous week as well! I love you!! 
Love,
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment