Wednesday, March 5, 2014

INFINITE--無限


Dear Mums and Pops and Sibs,
I think I will be grateful for the rest of my life and probably for the rest of forever for the training plan we have right now. It is just a two week program--but we are to put all our focus on Christ and do all we can to come to KNOW Him. We have been studying Christ, testifying of Christ, and thinking about Him. The things I have learned and felt over the last week will forever be precious to me. 
As I have reflect on my mission--on the good times and the really good times and the successful times and the not so good times, I noticed a correlation to my trust in the Lord. I think I have had very strong trust throughout my mission. But there was a time without me even realizing when that trust switched from being in the Lord to being in myself. Once I realized that, I tried to change, but I am pretty sure I switched my trust from myself to the results, and not to the Lord. As I have learned this week about how the Lord is in all things and through all things and above all things and He knows all things and can do all things (and it can go on and on..) I realized just how important it is to put ALL of my trust in Him. 
As far as our area is going--Yamaguchi shimai is SO PREPARED. We taught her the Plan of Salvation this week, and she was just as much in awe in these lessons as she has been in the previous lessons. Everything just seemed to click with her, and the favorite part for me was that everything for her seemed to click back to Christ. She said that she has noticed that there is something special about us and about all the members who have come in for the lessons, and after hearing about the Plan of Salvation, she said she knew the reason we are different is because of Christ. She also expressed sincere concern for those who choose not to follow Christ. And she said that she will pray for the missionaries because she realizes now why it is so important to tell others about Christ! I think she might as well get started on her mission papers right now! She still has her huge problem with work on Sundays. We had her over at the Shibata kazokus house on Friday, and they talked with her about  her job. Apparently she is really in a rough situation, and quitting her job/getting work off on Sunday is near impossible. But nothing is impossible with the Lord. Anyway, Shibata Kaicho and Shimai both shared their conversion stories and the sacrifices they had to make in order to be baptized. It seemed to be very helpful for her. All I can say is that I am glad I have been able to focus so much on Christ these last few days, because this is a situation where it really helps to know where to put my trust. 
There is just something about going out for 7 or 8 hours in the rain and wind and working harder than I ever have in my life--and knowing that I am doing it all for the Lord. And not just for Him, but with Him. I am so grateful to be serving with my Savior and I am grateful for the opportunity to give up everything I have to follow Him in bringing others back to our Father. What a sweet privilege this is! I do not know if you are wondering this, but just in case you are, I will tell you again: I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!
Thanks for all the support you give me always. I know the reason my mission is the way it is is because of you! I love you!
Love,
Crofts shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment