Monday, August 4, 2014

HOPE--希望


My first Japanese festival


I absolutely LOVE this family!
Dear Family,
Shout out: dearest Vonald. Happy happy happy birthday! You deserve the best! Save some german chocolate cake for me! 
     Family, there is nothing better than missionary work!! I am so grateful to be here at this time. Last week, A LOT happened. Because Tojo shimai was being transfered, so many people wanted to say goodbye to her. We met with almost all of our investigators, had more meal appointments than I even want to think about, and biked all over Yonago over and over each day! It was an adventure!! As we met with our investigators and ward members, I realized we are in such a strong area. I am so blessed to be working with people who prepared by God to be with me at this time. 
     One example is the Takekawa family. I talk about them all the time, because they are amazing. We visited them a couple times last week. The family is reading the Book of Mormon and praying now! The kids really are the best. The seven year old boy, Seiya kun, told us he has been reading the Book of Mormon on his own each day! We found out the mother has been searching about our church online. At first we were concerned, because many strong investigators drop the missionaries after finding anti-mormon things online. However, we found out she was led right to mormon.org, she read great things about the church in Ukraine (where her family is), and now her interest is even stronger! The ward members also love Takekawa family and are willing to do anything to help them. 
We also met with less active members who are praying again every day for the first time in years and years. It was a good experience to meet with many great people and see the changes that have happened in Yonago for the last two transfers. 
     I expect many more changes to be happening in the next transfer. Deklerk shimai is such a strong missionary! She is a goof--she is blonde. She loves pink. She loves somebody named Nate. She loves diets. She loves dancing (professionally!) She loves country music. She loves joking around. BUT she has a firm trust in the Lord, she expects miracles, and she gives every last part of herself to the work. She saw 4 baptisms last month. She also is planning on having baptisms happen here in Yonago. She is a strong, bold missionary, but at the same time so humble and trusting. I just have to say, I am beyond excited. I loved being with Tojo shimai and I learned a lot from her, but I feel like Deklerk shimai is just what Yonago needs and just who I need at this time. 
    Deklerk shimai also loves being clean. The first thing she did when she got to our apartment was pull out the garbage bags and begin throwing things away. Six HUGE garbage bags later, she decided that it was decent enough to finish the rest on preparation day. She also loves working out. She killed me with 5 minute planks and 5 minute wall sits and 50 push ups on Saturday. Then today she took me on a run to the beach and killed me again after 7 miles! Ha she is going to lift me up physically and spiritually. I am excited! 
     The first thing Deklerk shimai and I did when we got together (after she went through our apartment and threw away so much) was visit the Bishop. He was not home, but we had a great conversation with his wife and got invited over for dinner. Yesterday after dinner, we had a testimony meeting with the Bishops family. He has 8 kids, 5 living at home right now. We turned off all the lights, and as each of us bore our testimonies, we lit a candle. At the end, each person of the family had born his/her testimony, the room was lit up, and the Spirit was so strong. I think it was really good to give the children a chance to bear their testimonies in their home, but my favorite thing was seeing the parents faces. Bishop and his wife seemed to be SO touched and SO grateful. My vision of what it means to strengthen the ward was expanded a lot last night. As scared as the ward must have been when they saw two crazy blonde girls together who love the color pink and eating watermelon and have only half way decent Japanese, I think they will begin to be grateful for the missionaries. We want to do everything we can to help and strengthen the ward members. 
      Along with some new adventures last week (like eating cow hormone and attending a Japanese festival), I felt a new sense of hope. This is the Lords work. He loves His children so much. He is in charge. His Spirit is POWERFUL. I LOVE the work! 
Thank you for your support and love. You all mean the world to me. If you ever want me to send you some squid, just send a little email and it will be on the way! 
Love,
Krissy
Crofts shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment