Sunday, August 24, 2014

TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL THINE HEART


Dear Family, 
Sometimes I sit back in awe as I see the Lords involvement in the work here in Yonago. Amazing things have been happening!! 
     I do not even know where to begin!I could spend forever just writing about Tuesday. We had 5 appointments, and they were all pretty spread out across our area, so we worked HARD. The appointments were great! The first one was with Ochiai, who is a member referral. She is a mother who grew up studying the bible with her father and has recently picked it up again after he passed away. She wants to understand how she can relate all the things she learns into her life so she can become more like Christ. So prepared! And she is so blessed to be meeting with the LDS missionaries! We had a powerful lesson about Gods love and prayer in which she taught herself everything. Her 10 year old daughter walked into the room and she had interest in who God is, then wanted to learn how to pray, and now the family is praying together!
      We biked like crazy after that lesson to get to our lesson with SIster Nakada. She is a less active member, and she told us how grateful she is to be meeting with the missionaries because she wants to come back to church! She got baptized when she was young for the activities, so she does not know any of the doctrine, but she wants to learn. She had so many questions and when we opened up the Book of Mormon for her, she just ate it up. She was so impacted when she learned of Jesus Christs love for her. It was a great lesson! We ran to 3 other great lessons that day and we were so pooped by the end of the night! Wednesday and Thursday were much the same...the Lord opened up the way for us to teach so many lessons last week and they were great! I learn so much from all of our investigators. 
     One of my favorite investigators right now is Brother Dateyama. He is changing. Last week in the lesson, instead of saying the typical *i can not be baptized* he said that when he feels ready, he will be baptized! It was a great lesson and we all walked out of that lesson with lots of hope! On Sunday, the ward members were commenting to us on the change in him. They all said that he looks so bright now, and it is true. He is coming close to Christ and it shows. This work is amazing! 
     The biggest learning experience for me last week was on exchanges with Sister Watkins. This time, she and I came to Yonago, and it was the 2 of us working together. We had 2 great lessons on Friday, but when we did not have lessons, I had no idea what to do. It was so weird for me. Usually I have a whole list of things we should be doing, and if not, I usually feel guided to know what to do next, but on Friday, I had nothing. I felt more pressure than normal because I was supposed to be training, but I had no idea what to do. We did some housing and streeting and visited a few potential investigatorss, but again planning that night, I still felt like I had no idea what to do, and Sister Watkins was just visiting the area, so she knew nothing. The next morning, I was still praying about what to do, and I thought of a less active members name. So we visited that person. She was not home. But there was a nearby member who we decided to visit, and she needed us. She told us of struggles she had had with cancer, and how she was feeling so low that morning, and she was so grateful for a visit from the sister missionaries. After that, we did not have much time, so we were biking back to the apartment, but the name of a former investigator came to my mind. Even though we were short on time, I turned around and we visited her. She was SO excited to see us! She let us right in and we were able to have a lesson on the spot with her! She asked us to come back again and she became a new investigator! We missed our train, but it was so worth it. The Lord led us right to her! After a long week full of lessons and spiritual experiences, the Lord threw one more in for me and it taught me a great lesson. He is in charge. He knows exactly what we are going through. He will guide us. What do we have to do? Trust. Thanks to Grandpa Vance, Proverbs 3:5-6 is ingrained into my head. I know that the promise in that scripture is true. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.
I love you!
Sister Crofts 

No comments:

Post a Comment